Saturday, February 14, 2015

Created for Forever

Colorado Christian University Essay Contest

By: Morgan Hancock

Prompt: If you could speak to an audience of one million people, what would you say?
 (500 word max)

There is one thing that unites all human beings:

We long for a perfect world and struggle with the fact that our lives are anything but perfect.

Written on the heart of every human is the aching for something more. A more perfect job, spouse, house, child, vacation and so on. We long for more than failed marriages, dashed hopes, terrorism, beheadings, mass shootings, disappointments, cancer, hunger, depression, suffering -- and for more than death.

We can’t be content with the world as it is because we all have a craving for what it could be.

So, we hope, we dream, we mourn, we imagine, and we desire more.

Why is that?

CS Lewis concluded that, “If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I wasn’t made for this world.”

Every earthly attempt at immortality is a mere counterfeit. Houses crumble, nations dissolve, art corrodes, and legacies are forgotten.  The truth is that we are already immortal. “Dying”, as we think of it, only takes us from mortal to immortal.

Yet, we weren’t just created for mere immortality, but rather, for perfection, for a loving relationship with our Creator -- for Heaven.

So why aren’t we living in paradise? Because our Creator took a risk.  Instead of creating machines to involuntarily adore Him, he made human beings with a free will.  The first humans chose poorly. They chose to cash in the perfection of Eden, in exchange for the hope that The Lie (that you shall be as God) was true. Thus, evil entered into human history.  And since Adam, the most observable fact in the human experience is that every single person has chosen poorly– instead of obedience to God, they’ve chosen to put their own way before His -- in other words, they’ve all sinned.

God, in His perfection, cannot have anything to do with sin. He must be separated from it. Consequently, this forces Him to necessarily separate from us.

It didn’t have to be this way. God desired to live in perfect communion with us, and He still does. So, He set into motion a plan of restoration – a way to get us back.

Just as the problem of sin entered the world through one man, Adam, the cure for sin enters the world through one man, Christ. Christ entered the world with one mission: to give his life as a ransom. The penalty for our sin is eternal separation from God, but Christ, who never sinned, paid that price and on the cross He felt the agony of being totally separated from God.  

The echoes of Eden in our heart can finally be satisfied.

Because of Christ’s sacrifice, we can finally choose wisely -- we can choose Christ. Through Christ, we can once again be forever reunited with our Creator in paradise, on the new Heaven and Earth that He is preparing for us. 



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your miracle Doctor Osemu Okpamen

    This article is dedicated to the Doctor Osemu Okpamen. I have been married with my wife for 5 years and recently she broke up with me and it hurt me deeply when she told me to leave her alone and that she does not love me anymore when i was always faithful and honest to her. I tried all the ways to get her back buying her what she wants like i always did and she still left me heart broken and she even has a new boyfriend which destroyed me even more until a friend of mine from high school directed me to this genuine spell Doctor called Osemu Okpamen. This man changed my life completely. I followed everything he told me to do and my wife came back begging for me back. I was stunned everything happened exactly like he told me. I had faith in everything he told me and everything was true. Also he was there every moment until i got my happiness back and he also provides spells that cures any diseases & sickness. You could contact him via email at { Doctorokpamenspelltemple@yahoo.com } or visit his website http://www.doctorokpamenspells.com or reach him on +1 (914)-517-3229. He will help you in anything you need and quick to answer once you contact him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very grateful to Doctor Omoluyi for bringing back my Husband after 2 years of separation due to pressure from his family and business associate saying that i am not the same country and different believe.. This Joan Robert From Miami Florida. After enough searching and surfing on the internet, I saw a post made by Peter Dashy from Canada referring of how he was helped by Doctor Omoluyi. I also decided to contact the Doctor for help because i was desperate to get back my lovely Husband. I followed all his instructions and he promised me that my husband will get back to me within 12 to 18 hours after he has finished with the preparation of the spell. And now, am finally a complete woman with my man back by my side. To also get your help from this great Doctor Omoluyi, Email: ( Doctoromoluyispelltemple@gmail.com ).

    ReplyDelete